At Epidata, we continue to embrace innovation. One of the major transformations currently impacting the industry is artificial intelligence, through tools like ChatGPT. But that’s not the only one! For example, our partner Microsoft has recently introduced Microsoft 365 Copilot.
This solution is presented as a “copilot for work” due to its useful features for users and businesses, promising increased productivity and quality in day-to-day tasks. Let us explain how Microsoft 365 Copilot enables the enhancement of digital transformation through artificial intelligence.
Microsoft 365 Copilot: What is it and how does it work?
Microsoft 365 Copilot is a tool that combines large language models (LLMs) with business data to function within Microsoft 365 applications. The goal is to improve users’ creativity, productivity, and skills through artificial intelligence functions.
Currently, the tool is in the testing phase with selected enterprise customers. This service will work with Microsoft 365 customers in two ways:
- Through traditional integration with everyday Microsoft 365 applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, or Teams.
- Through a completely new and innovative experience: Business Chat. Business Chat operates using LLM with Microsoft 365 applications, calendars, emails, chats, documents, meetings, and contacts of a customer to perform tasks that couldn’t be done before. You can instruct Business Chat to perform a task, such as “explain to my team the updates we’ve had on the marketing strategy during the past week.” It will provide automatic status updates based on meetings, emails, and chats from the week.
How Microsoft 365 Copilot will enable a new way of working
The key to this new tool is that users—and consequently, businesses—will be able to increase productivity without losing control. In other words, it will always be possible to choose which artificial intelligence functionalities to preserve and which ones to modify, thus improving the quality of tasks through automation.
As a result, creativity in Word, formula analysis in Excel, or design in PowerPoint can be improved, among other things. This is achieved by combining the power of large language models with user data and applications, transforming words—instructions—into a productivity tool.
Furthermore, Microsoft Copilot 365 operates within the context of each business. By analyzing information, it can offer relevant and actionable results tailored to each company, while ensuring security and efficiency.
Changes in Workflow
This product of Office 365 will transform the workflow of work teams:
- Copilot in Word: Write, edit, summarize, and create together with others as they work.
- Copilot in PowerPoint: The presentation creation process becomes more creative by turning ideas into a designed presentation through natural language commands.
- Copilot in Excel: It can assist in unlocking information, identifying trends, or creating professional-looking data visualizations in a fraction of the time.
- Copilot in Outlook: Useful for synthesizing and managing the inbox to allow more time for real communication.
- Copilot in Teams: Enables more productive meetings with real-time summaries and action points directly within the conversation context.
- Copilot in Power Platform: Helps developers of all skill levels accelerate development with low-code tools, introducing two new capabilities within Power Apps and Power Virtual Agents.
- Business Chat: Gathers data from documents, presentations, emails, calendar, notes, and contacts to assist in summarizing chats, writing emails, finding key dates, or even drafting a plan based on other project files.
Empowering work teams
In summary, this tool promises to transform the workflow within companies, ensuring efficiency and productivity through task automation. That’s why at Epidata, we believe that Microsoft’s proposed AI can become an empowering tool for work teams, enabling each company to achieve more and better objectives.
At Epidata, we are constantly seeking to incorporate new technologies to continue evolving and providing our clients with disruptive solutions through our Innovation Outsourcing proposition.
We invite you to join our upcoming webinar: “AI: Microsoft and Epidata’s Vision Applied to Your Business.” Sign up for free.
*References: Adapted from Microsoft (2023): https://news.microsoft.com/es-xl/presentamos-microsoft-365-copilot-su-copiloto-para-el-trabajo/
Global privately-owned company specialized in innovation outsourcing, dedicated to providing software development and software design services, application modernization, RPA, machine learning and Big Data, among others. Its solutions transform businesses, optimizing operations and co-creating better digital experiences for customers and employees.
Epidata has alliances with leading innovation and knowledge companies such as Microsoft, GitLab, Mulesoft, Salesforce, Oracle, MariaDB, Red Hat, Datadog and UiPath. These partnerships help other companies to stay current.
Epidata operates in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Peru, Uruguay and the United States (San Francisco, California), where it has a track record of successful support to multinational corporations such as Stanford Research Institute International, JP Morgan, Tenaris, Turner, Telecom, HSBC, Monsanto, Walmart, Asana, among others.